Sunday, December 16, 2007

Kara Derthick

It was great seeing her again after 12 years. that was one hell of a long time for not seeing one of your closest friends when you were a child. I'm amazed and very much happy that we can still get along after all these years. I was afraid that we'd have nothing left in common since when you're kids, all you really care about is if you can get along with each other enough to play. well, we still get along and i'm very much eager to still get to know her some more -- learn her likes, her dislikes, her habits, and others. She is one wonderful person and i'm glad that i got to meet her again.


Our meeting was a bit nerve wrecking for me. I had no idea what to do, how to entertain her, what to talk to her about. But (thank God!) it seems as if she had a good time, somewhat. I was only able to meet up with her twice during her stay here in the Phils. The first one was with mom, we visited them at Aunt Pindie's place at makati. The second time, i commuted to makati via trains with a friend who's an expert in the ins and outs of makati after class and met up with her at glorietta mall.

I'm very very very glad that i took the time and effort to meet her again. Everything was very worth it. Even though it was just for a short while, it was an amazing experience. I was extremely sad when i had to say goodbye. i wish it didn't have to be so soon. I wish her stay could've extended 'til Christmas break so that i'd have more time to spend with her. Nevertheless, i know there will still be other opportunities. We endured 12 years, i guess we can endure another number of them. :)





i miss you.
kara derthick, you better come back here.

No comments: