Thursday, August 19, 2010

Friday Staff Meeting

Here I am in the early morning, waiting for my body to declare that it's time to sleep. I know I have to get to bed. However, I am not sleepy yet. Cue my dad's voice saying it's just a matter of lying down and closing your eyes. Nope, not for me though. I end up rolling in bed, frustrated and agitated. I feel that I have to tire myself out first, before I can actually get to bed. If not my entire body, at least my eyes. So here I am clacking away at my keyboard, lights off, waiting for my zeitgeber to kick in. Looks like my clock is terribly off its timing.

In a few days time I'll be losing my privilege of waking up late mornings and staying up late nights on a whim. I will be employed, rather than self-employed, and will have to churn in rhythm with the rest of the world. I can't be doing what I'm doing now, knowing I'll have to be beating the sun to his rising. I can feel a subtle nervousness creeping around my bones. I'm not quite sure of what to expect. Why is this? Maybe it's because I didn't find this job, in truth, the job found me (and I am super duper grateful for this, since they're holding the position for me as I tie up my lose ends). Yet as I say this, I am not really worried about what I'll be doing. Rather, I'm worried about what I should be wearing. My closet barely holds any business/corporate outfits!

Things to ribbon before Monday, the 23rd:
1) Brightminds Tutorials
2) ACET review sessions for the English subject
3) Firefly Brigade posters/banners/designs/etc.
4) My office wardrobe
5) My DOE vocabulary

Whoever thought I'd be a government employee?
P.S. Staff meeting tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

K-Kix said...

Lest you forget - you were recommended for the job, then interviewed and then the position was held for you ---

I know I must share you with the rest of the world.

I will definitely miss you at Brightminds, as will the students...you're quite an asset you know :)

I wouldn't worry too much...You always excel in anything you set out to do... you'll be perfect.

I LOVE YOU my sweet little girl!!
we will go shopping soon, promise!