Friday, April 13, 2007

Today's Advice

a friend of mine once gave me this from papelmelroti. The instructions are: close your eyes (no cheating), point at this poster and follow the advice your finger lands on. Today my pointer landed on: be responsible for your actions. and can i just say, my day was full of being responsible.

first and foremost, it was my registration. Reg can sometimes be a hassle for me because i have to take so many forms into consideration. there are a lot of requirements to be met and a lot of deadlines to remember. i'm different from most of the students because...well, i'm a scholar and admu dependent. I have two things to take care of: my OAA scholarship forms and my Grant-in-Aid forms for dad's discount. I got through the OAA isko procedures fine...but I forgot about my Grant-in-Aid forms. I did. So so so bad. Good thing is, the people in the OAA office (especially ate Tin) were so kind enough to consider it already. So, i had nothing to pay for! now i just have to get those forms ready and in.

second thing is, i finally got my physics lab grade (which is a B+) so my grades are finally complete. I computed for my QPI and guess what? I got a 3.41 for second sem!!! i am so happy (i got a 3.36 last sem). i really thought that i would be getting a lower grade this time considering i had calculus and physics to deal with...but i guess it all worked out! all my hardwork payed off. and now i'm still in the dean's list! hoorah.

third: right when i got home, i ran into my parents at the gate (i wasn't even able to set foot in my house) and my dad asked me to go with my mom to Rizal Memorial Stadium in Vito Cruz. That was where Hali was having his Table Tennis games. My mom was on her way out to watch and dad was going to take her to the LRT station. I guess he was worried that mom would get lost so he asked me to go with her. Funny right? anyway, I said ok. I only know Line 2 of the LRT because it's near the area. i'm not so familiar with Line 1, the same for mom. The thing is, Line 1 is the train we need to take to the Vito Cruz. So dad gave me directions and i followed the signs, mom asked for some directions once in a while (just to be sure)...and well? mom and i got there safe and sound. yipee. now i know how to get around *winkwink* there's no trapping me now. haha.

so you see? my day was full of being responsible and i am proud that i got through it! I'm pretty sure there will be more days bursting with the need for responsibility...i'm just glad to know i have a bit of R to face them. ;)

2 comments:

exskindiver said...

congratulations on the dean's list.
i'm so proud of you.
i never got grades like that.

Charissa said...

I never got grades like that too. Good job!