Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Productivity Fail

I took the long weekend off from varsity duty in order to get back on track with my academics. With finals looming and deadlines closing in, there is A LOT that I have to get done. Unfortunately, I was only able to get a few things done - specifically, those that needed (more than the already needed) immediate attention.

E.g.
(1) sending out my resume to the Ateneo Placement Office online
(2) designing a t-shirt for our organization's cluster t-shirt design contest
(3) showing up for our course batch pictorial
(4) reading John Hick's essay for Philosophy class.

I had planned to get other things done. I really did. I even wrote it up on my whiteboard. Just imagine my frustration as I sit here right now, knowing that I was not able to get those things done. I'm trying to think back and figure out where my time went. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, all free! What did I do that I barely moved an inch in the depth of my "things to do" list?

Oh, I know. I took a break. A super long one.
You know, the funny thing is, I'm not panicking.

... Okay, maybe I am. A little bit.
My itchy throat and coughing fits are not helping either.

1 comment:

K-Kix said...

sometimes, one needs to take a break...step back...take a breather...feel refreshed and ready to take on the task at hand with better and renewed fervor.