I've always said that I never really celebrated Valentines day for a few reasons:
1) It's my mother's birthday
2) It's my best friend's birthday
3) I never really had a date to celebrate it with, actually.
Well, guess what? I celebrated anyway (albeit a day or two early).
It started out Friday night with Sinta, a play on love. Followed by a fun and impromptu road trip to find dinner, which finally ended at Mom's in Marikina. One sizzling plate of sisig later, the night ended early with me being home a few minutes after midnight. Saturday was a busy day, since I had a project to fulfill for a certain tedious subject. The whole morning was spent at Park7, conducting a one-time kids workshop on the waste segregation. The extra pair of hands (those not of my groupmates, if you get what I'm saying!) was a godsend. Nevermind the heat of the sun, or the shrill voices of the children, my time was well spent. Lunch at KFC plus winding down in the afternoon was nice too, even though exhausted. Sunday was the day. After a mountain of sweets and red hearts, my mother has grown one year more beautiful. We spent the afternoon with popcorn and a movie marathon. As always, dad had a rose for me. He never fails to make me happy on Valentines.
So yes, it wasn't a grand celebration of sorts. No boquet of flowers or a box of chocolotes or an expensive meal. What was given was time. Time for each other. And as the saying goes, time is gold, right?
1 comment:
glad you enjoyed your Day of Hearts!
Time spent with loved ones is always time spent well :)
Post a Comment