There are two types of busy: One is you being so active that you don't even have the mind to think about the time passing by, while the other is you taking on a lot of things at a time that every second counts and you feel every tick of it. Either way, busy is still busy and you feel exhausted by the end of the day.
Today was definitely one of those busy days that I just felt my day go "woosh!" It was super filled with activity that before I knew it, it was time to board the office shuttle for my journey home. It's a good thing that my day started just right with a nakakakilig gesture from someone I know. I arrived at the office this morning with this petite pink rose on my desk. This moment pretty much sums up the moderate pace of my morning before everything went abuzz.
![]() |
| Thank you for making me smile. |
Eleven hours or so after, I arrived home to my mother cooking dinner. Nothing beats capping the day with a home cooked meal by, take note, someone you rarely see in the kitchen.Yes, my mother is not one to cook. But for these past few months she has taken up an interest in being active in our little kusina. See the wonders this change is making! She's getting pretty good at it too. With new and interesting dishes to try, I find myself wanting to eat dinner at home for most of the time.
| Dinner was delicious! |
The days are getting colder and surely, the dog days are over. For example, upon arrival at the office this morning, we were welcomed by a sudden down pour of rain. The overcast mood our skies have been sporting these past few days/months is a pretty good indicator that the rainy season has come in and will be staying for quite some time. I always had rainy birthdays...
Drastic changes in weather can only mean one thing for me: the onset of cough and colds. My body is weak to these temperature changes and I always find myself either coughing up a storm or sneezing out my brain. There's no stopping it. I'll just have to double up on the intake of liquids and treat myself again (I had this for Sunday breakfast) to some hot and spicy Lucky Me Jjampong with extra chili and kimchi. This should cure my colds, right? Yummy!

2 comments:
I am basking in the appreciation.
thanks, sweetie.
love you!
Aneka,
1. Nice skirt. Lovely really. You remind me of someone I know....:)
2. Lucky Me. Your father used to reprimand you for always eating this. He was concerned that the MSG would decrease your brain cells. Little did he know it was you sneezing out your brains that he should have been more focused on.
3. Love your writing style.
4. Want to try your mother's meals.
5. Love you.
-AC
Post a Comment