![]() |
| The Skirt in Office Action |
I made myself a skirt. Yes, a skirt. Yes, I made it from scratch. I can't exactly say what pushed me to do this. I guess my thought bubble at the time was "Hey, if I can't find a skirt that suits me, I'll just make one for myself!" Easier said than done, obviously. After days of searching sewing tutorials on the internet and scouting potential stores for pretty fabrics, I was finally able to put the piece together. With my chosen tutorial bookmarked and fabric in hand, I started on my creative journey.
First step was to bring out the old sewing machine, dust it off, see if it still works. Luckily, it still was capable of making me happy. I decided to purchase a new belt for its new project. With the machine ready, all I had to do was cut and sew. I put this little colorful piece together last Thursday night (16 June), after I got home from work, and wore it the entire day of Friday. Here I am posing in front of Cocina Juan's blue door, during dinner with Anna and Pu for our regular Maginhawa Fridays (MagFri). I suppose you could call it a tulip skirt -- with the hip area ballooning a bit and the hem tapering down to my legs -- it gives my body the illusion of an hourglass figure *snort* I wish!
![]() |
| Aneka at Cocina Juan, wearing her skirt <3 |
Anyway, I got a lot of compliments for it. Especially when they found out that I made it all by myself. Yes, I made it. Isn't it awesome? There will be more to come, for sure. I just gave our Singer machine a thorough oil bath. I need it to keep working smoothly until I'm able to pull off all the other skirts I have in mind. I'll be posting photos of them (hopefully) soon.
![]() |
| Bacardi Pin Cushion |
Other things on my "created" list is my Bacardi pin cushion. I'm updating our sewing kit as well. Trying to keep things organized and streamlined. Tomorrow, err... later is another work day!



No comments:
Post a Comment