Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

Somebody made magic and cooked Cinderella's pumpkin for dinner! Another cooking feat for the soon-to-be mother: Pumpkin (Kalabasa) Soup!

PUMPKIN SOUP WITH FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER

I searched a pumpkin soup recipe a few days back, but haven't had the time to actually try it out, until tonight. With the help of Juancho, my ever reliable baby brother, I had him prepare the ingredients and cooking tools prior to my coming home from work, so that all that was left to do was cook.

I consider the cooking process an entire success, considering the baking and blending that went into it, except that the finished product came out too salty. Even the additional dollop of cream wasn't helping. But it was still good nonetheless, especially if you have a palate for all things salty, like I do.

This soup was paired with another cooking invention of mine for tonight, sausage & vegetables in barbecue sauce, and my favorite wheat bread toast. The boys had theirs with rice and a slice of bread.

SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLES IN BARBECUE SAUCE

TOAST, YUM <3
All in all, I think we had a pretty good dinner. The soup will definitely be served again, but this time with less salt. Best bit for tonight was that there were no left overs! Yes! Success!

No comments: