This is my family. Healthy, sports loving, happy people. When we can, we host family fun-tri's --- micro triathlons hosted at the Ateneo de Manila campus grounds. It starts with a swim at the Ateneo Grade School pool, followed by a bike ride spanning the entire campus, then it concludes with a run (or walk, if you prefer) that covers a part of the campus as well (we've been doing 3km runs). The photo above is from our second family fun-tri held just last Sunday, June 24th. The first one was held last year, the day before Christmas.
![]() |
| A lot bigger compared to my previous preggy photo, yes? |
This is me at 29 weeks. I have a ball of my own attached to my body. It's heavy but I can still manage... to watch the games that is.
For our second fun-tri, I was but a mere spectator. A cheering squad waiting at the finish line, hoping that her representative doesn't get lost on the school grounds.
I had my HTB stand in for me this time around. And although he wasn't mentally and physically prepared for what transpired last Sunday (I only told him about it Friday night I think), he took the event gamely and did all of the stints with heart.
He's not a strong swimmer, see, just like me. But he finished all 12 laps and was able to get out of the pool at the same time as the other participants. I did 6 laps the first time, got out of the pool last, and nearly died. Now that's my man.
We've decided that these babies in my belly are getting swimming lessons; they will learn how to bike at an early age, and we will make sure they get Sunday family quality time doing recreational sports (just like I did growing up). I'm pretty sure these little ones will soon be participating in this family tradition-in-the-making. Might as well give them a head start with early training!
![]() |
| Post Triathlon Photos: my HTB Eric, Juancho and Mom, and my cutie-patootie Daddy |
![]() |
| 1) Cheering squad cousins RJ and Ava ; 2) Cell Sabino, our master coordinator ; 3) Hali coming in 1st place! |
Today, I realized that my belly area will most probably never go back to the way it used too look --- firm and stretch mark free. Good thing I had all those bikini photos taken before, yeah? Not that I'm complaining or anything. I may not end up having a pretty abdomen, but I'll end up having two beautiful little boys. Nothing can compare to that. Here's to more family fun-tri's and to our expanding family! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment