Today i played frisbee.
I've always wanted to play frisbee. Especially with my friends. But they hold it every tuesday and thursday and i can't get to play because i have class at that time. Today was different though because i no longer have p.e. classes. Yesterday was my finals and now i have tuesday and thursday mornings off. Yipee! Now i get to play.
In the beginning i was afraid. I agreed to play but didn't really want to have anything to do with the game. Simply because i didn't know how. I would run around, fine. Run and run in the direction that i was supposed to run. But i was too scared to catch the disk or even throw it. I didn't want to touch it. I guess it was also because i didn't want to let the others down. I didn't want to be the reason of our defeat. But i guess, by not participating, i was doing the same thing. It's a good thing i had great teammates who encouraged me to play the game. They told me not to be afraid. They told me to try. They assured me it was okay to make a mistake. So aside from the burning heat of the sun on my skin and the burning heat in my lungs due to lack of oxygen, i still had to psyche myself to try. try, aneka, try. I didn't want to give up.
Bottom line is, i eventually built up the guts to try. I was no longer afraid to catch the disk or even throw it. Though i still believe there is a bit of hesitation, at least i began trying. Imagine this, i was able to catch one of the passes that scored. oh yes, i helped in making a score. and i am so proud.
Life is like the game. You just have to build up the guts to keep trying. Make a mistake? Make up for it the second time around. Being afraid or "safe" is the worst thing you can do to stay in the game. In fact, when you're afraid, you're not even playing. Surrounding yourself with good company is key in living a good life, the same way having good teammates is key in winning a game.
Our team won today. We were down by 4 points but we made it.
We. Made. It.
I want to win another game.
I want to win at life.
No comments:
Post a Comment