Friday, March 23, 2007

padre-de-familia

Half of my being is made up of my beloved father.

23 of my chromosomes come from him. One of my x chromosomes, the chromosome that decides my sex, is from him too. So literally, he's half of me. But aside from all the scientific mumbo-gumbo! Looking in the mirror, i see so much of him in me...

My hair, oh yes my hair, is mainly because of him. And so is my height and my uncanny inability to do the arm-jumprope that my mother and brothers can so easily do. My toes are definitely from him. They are distinctly different from my brothers' toes. My legs, my ability to gain weight, my crouching habit...all from him. Past the skin, i know that he has influenced me even deeper. I absolutely love watching kung-fu movies, the same goes for old cow-boy movies (The good, the bad, and the ugly = the best!). I also have a liking, or craving, towards chinese food. (e.g. mamonluk and chowking) Actually, most of what I eat is influenced by him. I like what he eats. I also have a ballpen fetish...just like him. He has so much as influenced me to like biking and table tennis as well. And as you know, i am not really into sports. I guess he has also triggered the inner-environmentalist in me. With the firefly brigade and all. My love for chuck taylors is definitely his fault. He dressed me up in them since i was a wee kid. Well, him and mom...but mostly him.

I owe so much to my father. For loving me always and for supporting me in whatever I do. For making me laugh and for making me smile. For teaching me to think, for pushing me further, and for testing my limits. I have learned so much from him...and i am still learning. I want to be like him. I want to be his strong, opinionated, deep, makata self. I love him so much.

My father has seeped deep into my skin. He is my skin.

Happy Birthday Dad.
You are and will always be the best dad in the whole wide universe.
Thank you for being just that.

No comments: