Chicago was great. Big city with lots of art. Art art art and talent, tall buildings and bike bike bikes, trains and long buses, coffee shops and high end shopping. That is my impression of Chicago. Well, that was the side of it I saw. Leah Bay was so amusing! She warmed up to me pretty fast. I was, well, her personal entertainment for that week I spent there. Blue is still an adorable girl, although she has grown a lot. She's not the little baby I remember her to be anymore. She is a mini Peggy though. Uncle Charles is a great cook. Thanks to him and the wonderful resources of auntie Peggy, I was very well fed. Auntie Peggy is still as cool as she can ever be. I dig her rap music.
Galena was even better. Nice little laid back town. It looked like it popped out of a magazine or a postcard. Exceptionally beautiful place. Lots of flowers and kind people. I was finally able to see my relatives - the McAuliffs (minus Ally). I haven't seen them for about 15 years. It was nice to meet them again. Especially my cousin Brian who is truly a sweetheart. I still can't believe how big he is already. Even if we're only one year apart, I've always felt that I was way older than him. Hahaha. I dunno, weird. I also met Mara, the exchange student from Italy living with them. She was nice. She kept me company, shared her room and introduced me to her friends. I even have a new band to listen to thanks to her. Creative girl with lots of talent. Auntie Charissa and Uncle Steve are the sweetest couple. Great parents who are kind and loving. No wonder they have such wonderful children. Well, all of my relatives are amazing parents. No argument there.
Anyway, while I was on the plane on my way here, I realized how the States is starting to feel like home but at the same time not. I don't find it hard to imagine myself living here, at any of the places I've been to. Life seems easier, cleaner, neater, safer. But I still can't shake the feeling of being back in the Philippines. I guess it's because my family is there. Come to think of it, I think I'll be comfortable in any place as long as I have my family. Not to sound homesick or anything, but I really do miss them. I also miss the familiarity of our home. My bed, our bathroom, my computer, our street, my school... my friends and my teammates. I just hope I'm not too out of the loop when I get back. On my way to the baggage claim, I heard two ladies speaking to each other in Tagalog. I couldn't resist, I turned my head to take a look at them and when they saw me, I flashed them this big smile. I was tired, a bit nauseated from the trip, and hearing something that familiar was just plain wonderful.
This trip has been amazing. But honestly? I can't wait to get back home.
3 comments:
Guess who misses you and guess who this is. I love you :-*
Come home come home come home! I miss you! Guess who this is :-)
beautiful stranger, i think the ID photo gives away your identity. but i love you too anyways!
Post a Comment