Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Don't say that I'm the one you want to lose.

I'm sad and I'm hurt. I feel alone, tired, and a tad bit lost. I more or less get through the day by acting like a machine. Going through everything like clockwork just so I can fit all in a day. I don't see my friends. When I do, it's just in passing. I'm on my way to class, in a rush, no time for catching up, just a hello then a goodbye. I'm usually at the library, or at the cafeteria, or on one of the campus mini park benches... alone, looking up at the sky or burying myself in a book. To be happy and see friends - it takes a lot of effort. So unlike before. I think about you a lot, you know. I wonder how you're doing. I wonder if you're thinking of me too. I look forward to receiving some news from you, just to let me know that you're doing okay... or not. But nothing. Then I find out this. Tears well up and my heart squeezes tight. I don't understand.
I went through the rest of this day numb. My mind in a mess. Tired and irritated. Everything just pretty much went by in a blur. Except for the rain. Maybe the rain is my only friend. At least she seems to be telling me something with each fall that she takes on the pavement. She can tell what's going on in my heart. She's telling me something about her day.

1 comment:

K-Kix said...

I am here sweetheart!
Luv you!