Just like that the essence of time is back. Today I resumed my training for varsity. So with aching feet, growing blisters, sticky skin and cramping muscles, I write this entry. For the whole of my summer, time was lost on me. It flew by without me knowing, or it took as long as it wanted for my day to last. Time to me was the rising of the sun and waning of the moon. The watch was only there to tell me what time I had to be at the airport, what time I had to board the plane, what time it was in other places. Otherwise, it was just a piece of decoration on my wrist. I had no care as to whether it was a Monday or a Wednesday. I always had to ask someone to refresh my memory. I couldn't keep track. But just like that, the essence of time is back. Routine and schedule have entered my life once again. Starting today, I have training at 5pm up until the moment I can no longer walk. June 6 is my registration. June 10 is when my classes begin.
There's no time for me to be disoriented anymore because summer is truly over.
But at least the sunny happy memories and something else isn't!
2 comments:
HEY WHERE'VE YOU BEEN? Haven't seen you since Erica left. Did you leave too??? Show your faceeeeeeeeeee let's do SOMETHING?
Another teacher friend of mine said teaching (and I am thinking student life) is binge-living. You binge teach for 10 months then binge-vacation for 2 months. Both of these activities require some detox at the end and re-adjusting at the beginning. :) Good luck this semester!
Post a Comment