Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Goodmorning Starshine

Today marks my first day of my last semester in college. After the formalities and introductions of Monday and Tuesday, classes are well on the roll - yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for me to get back on the grind.

First off, thesis scares the shit out of me. It's crunch time and yet I'm not doing any 'crunching'. I'm so sorry thesis mates. Honestly, I'm scared shitless that I don't even want to think about it. Talk about a ridiculous coping method. Bit by bit though, I'm getting to it. I have to get to it.

Secondly, it's probably been two years since I've had morning classes every single day. My body is so screwed up and used to sleeping late and waking up late that it's having trouble adjusting to the early morning classes. I'm loving the afternoon free (but not really free) time though. I just have to get used to sleeping early again. Body clock, please cooperate.

The privilege of being in the fourth batch of enlistment, and I say this with sarcasm, left me with a readings-heavy semester. I finally got to know my professors; they all are fanatics of thick-assed readings. I'm not much of a reader. This is going to be a challenge, seriously.

Last off, I'm finally back on the bike and back on the sidewalks. With the 7:30 classes every single living school day of my senior second semester life, I've decided to pedal to school. This will not only help me save money on tricycle fare and lessen my carbon footprint on Earth, but will also help me get myself to-and-fro my Bellarmine classes. Bellarmine is the building set far apart from all the other buildings, and considering our tropical weather, its a rather sweaty 5 minute walk. By bike, it becomes a windy 2 to 3 minute leisure ride. And as much as I'd like to dress up a bit for class, because of biking, my school wardrobe is limited (yet again!) to jeans and loose shirts or shorts and loose shirts. I may not look as appealing, but at least I don't have to bother thinking about what to wear. HAHA!

As for the sidewalks, since my classes are in the morning and varsity training no longer takes up my evenings, I've got back the chance to attend to my running. I started today with one round around campus, and yes, I am satisfied. My goal is to be able to do two rounds without feeling tired and run over. Let's go, legs, let's go!

School is so far so good people, so far so good.

No comments: