On the other side of things (apart from my academics), this week has been a rather emotional ride. There are some issues trying to be resolved, some heavy feelings trying to be forgotten, some knots in my throat trying to be taken care of. And just like perfect timing, this week has been the week that my friends were available. I really needed them.
When: Monday Night, November 09
Who: Mimi and the XX crew
What: Starbucks and dinner at Flaming Wings
Mimi and I, we were originally supposed to go drinking that night. But then we opted to just hangout at Starbucks Katipunan with some of the people from Health Sci block xx. This was even probably better since I was able to talk to Mimi about the sad state that I was in without blaring music hindering our conversation. Oh, and I also treated myself to a Toffee Nut Latte! Yes, emotional comfort from sweets. Mimi also handed me her pasalubong from Hong Kong. I now have the most cute gigundo wallet ever! I love Mimi's wallets. She was the one who gave me my previous one too, which now has to be retired from loving usage.
Another beautiful person I was able to talk to was Lauren Santos. We had such interesting conversations, I absolutely loved that talk. Everyone else, jenmagno, chicki uy, mara iballa, erold justo, steve medalle, gaston, luis faller, they were all so nice in cheering me up, even if they had no idea what the problem was. Such good and beautiful people. After Starbucks, Luis had the intense urge for some dinner and so we headed towards Flaming Wings (only Laur, Jerold, Luis, Chicki, Mimi, and Jen this time tho). I probably had the most spicy chicken tenders! Haha finishing my meal with my eyes welling up the whole time was probably another win of that day - it took my mind off of things.
When: Thursday, November 12
Who: Frances Ledesma, Jika Regala, and Ina de Guzman
Where: Teriyaki Boy for lunch, Perspolis for dinner, and Cantina for evening drinks!
Franny had just gotten back from her trip to the US and had gotten me something. We decided to meet up so that she could hand me over her pasalubong. Our meeting up turned into a lunch date and I had so much fun catching up with her. I have not been able to hang out with Franny for the longest time. I missed her constant talking and her curse-riddled sentences. She's a forealz elitist, but I guess that's what makes me fond of her. She's just so amusing to listen to!
Jika met up with us at T-boy after our lunch. Believe it or not, I met Franny and Jika both under different circumstances only to find out that they are bestfriends too! Funny how this world works, yea? Jika was my English and Lit blockmate from freshman year and now, I consider her as one of my best friends. I love this girl so much simply because when we talk, we laugh a lot, or well, I laugh a lot. I don't know for sure, but I have a lot of fun when I'm with her. I admire her free spirit. I think I'm drawn to her because of that. I met Franny when I was still in Health Sci. She was my first friend over there, and we practically hung out all the time in freshman year! We seriously had funny and embarrassing times... I don't even want to remember, we were so silly back then!
Late in the afternoon, Ina contacted me and lured me out of my bed and onto the streets. I met up with her at Papu's where we then proceeded to Perspolis for some dinner. Good food and good talk - no wonder we've been best friends since second grade, Ina really understands me. I really needed to talk to her. I really needed to see her. Last night was perfect timing. I love you, Ins. Thank you for always being there for me. I feel better now, I really do.
I've got great friends. I only keep a few, but they're all friends I can count on, friends who are ready to listen and friends who know what it is exactly that I need. All of the out-of-the-way reconnecting was completely worth it. I'd do any of these again in a blink of an eye.
I'm hoping for a repeat!
2 comments:
oh honey, TRUE LOVE!!! :)
happy you have friends you can count on...
Post a Comment