Finally! After waiting in line for about 7 (SEVEN! 7:30am to 2:30pm) or so hours (a very long line for that matter) without any breaks,
finally, I can say that I am a
registered voter of the Philippines. It was truly a tough and tiring ordeal. In fact, there was no time that I did not think of just giving up and getting home. BUT Ate Ana and I persevered! Yes! yes! yes! Armed with Milan Kundera's
The Unbearable Lightness of Being (I still have yet to finish this book), plus my little black notebook and trusty colored pens, I battled with boredom and came out...
victorious!!! Good thing the weather was cooperating; we were blessed with a clear and windy day, free of the intense humidity our country usually hosts (even at noon time! Imagine that!).
Back in... what was it? Freshman year? I had already turned 18 and was therefore old enough to vote. I even had the opportunity to register, with Ateneo shuttling students back and forth to City Hall. But with my finals happening that week, I decided not to. Well, here we are three years after.

Pahabol na kung pahabol, pero registered voter na rin ako! WOOHOO! Sa wakas!
Oh my, if this is just registration, I can only imagine the chaos of lines the actual
voting procedure will produce. Let's hope my will doesn't break so easily this coming May 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment