With the impending summer break approaching, school only has about a month or less left to thrive and stress the works out of me. I find myself talking to Aneka more often, these past few days. I tell her to stay focused, and to get on to her work. I also cheer her on, encouraging that she can get through all the work piles and deadlines. Of course, Aneka is me. I am Aneka and I am talking to myself out loud. Sometimes in public, sometimes in private.
It's not like I picked that out from the sky though, I've heard my mom talk to herself out loud too a couple of times. There must be some heredity reason behind this? Anyways. According to Lev Vygotsky, private speech (talking to yourself out loud) is NOT a sign of immaturity, but is in fact an indication of maturity. From external speech to inner speech, I am practicing self-regulation. Of course you're supposed to grow out of self-talk by the time you enter school. But I don't care. I'd still like to believe I'm doing nothing out of the ordinary!
1 comment:
you, my dear, could NEVER, EVER be ordinary. Now get back to work, karen!!! you too, Aneka!
Post a Comment