Saturday, April 21, 2012

Promise No. 07: GIVE GIFTS

Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, 
no reason, no explanation, no solutions.

April 2012


April 2011
I was granted a small surprise yesterday morning by my HTB. He dropped by our office unannounced after his graveyard shift, which ends at around 7:30am, just in time to put in a beautiful start to my day. I placed this rose in the corner of my cubicle, hydrated in a previously emptied wine bottle, allowing it to peek out just a bit for public consumption of its beauty (and sweetness!). Having it in plain view gave me kilig vibes the entire day. It also kept me upbeat enough to get through the work load.

It's moments like these that I cherish. When we starting going out, he'd leave me home-grown roses on my desk or hand them to me in person - a gesture that I found both heartwarming and sincere. Who needs store-bought roses when you've got home-grown ones, right? It's just really nice to know that even after a year of being together, after all we've been through, he's still the same sweet man I fell in love with, giving me flowers without rhyme or reason.

No comments: