Friday, September 15, 2006

Blind

Wednesday, September 13 2006
3:00 pm

Why can't you see that all you need is Me?
I stand by you day by day
a person in your midst
I smile and laugh
and show myself
but you never look my way
not a glimpse, not a gaze
nothing but empty space.
Oh I know, I see
you've got your eyes
on Somebody's face.

I know I must stop myself
there's no need to get hurt
But I can't help my sorry self
and sometimes watch you from afar.
Your silly antics
and little quirks
they take my heart away
It's yours now, can't you see?
It's you who makes it tick.

But I dare not to still my gaze
to look you directly in the eye
I fear, I fear
so terribly so
that I might break down and cry.
So instead I content myself
with simple thievery
throw stolen glances your way
But quickly I turn
so wouldn't have to see
my outright hidden misery.

I know I'll learn
I most certainly hope
to stop greiving this misery
hey, come on, you know
there's so many fish in the sea.
But up 'til then
a question remains:
Why can't you see that all you need is Me?

1 comment:

* said...

you're right, you know, about those fish in the sea, so always toss the wrong ones out of your net!!!