Sunday, September 24, 2006

brink

just one second to go...one second to go!...and the tiger is one step ahead...a plan is made...the buzzer blares...a pass here and a turn there... ! ...the eagle soars! time goes into slow motion... oh. my. God. I thought I was going to die... I was so prepared to cry. It was the Ateneo Blue Eagles against the UST Growling Tigers today at the Araneta Stadium for the UAAP season 69's finals game 1...and it was one hell of a game. It had everyone at the edge of their seats, at the edge of their breath, at the edge of their hearts...

There are so many instances in my life that I have been to the edge. At the edge, there's only a really thin line between hell and heaven, triumph and defeat, happiness and melancholy...and you trot on that very thin line. One foot in front of the other. I have been to various edges... yes, there are different kinds, but all are edges nonetheless... the give-up edge, the keep-your-cool edge, the make-up-your-mind edge, the emo-surge edge. At the edge, nothing matters but you. You and the decision. For while you trot along that thin little line, you are faced with a choice. Are you going to allow yourself to fall over the edge? Or are you going to hang on (even if by tooth and/or nail) for you to get to the top? You must make a choice. Yes. I know it's tough. Sometimes it seems so much better to just let go, to take the easy way out. I have definitely contemplated about that...and as much as I do not want to fall of the edge, I find that I sometimes do. I slip... but I always happen to find a branch sticking out of its face on my way down...and hang on to that branch is what I do. At the edge, the decision is crucial to the outcome of things and the branch serves as a second chance in case I fall off. Life is all about the edge. Sadly, it cannot be avoided... but one thing is for sure though, it can definitely be conquered.

The Ateneo Blue Eagles trotted on a really thin line today...but they made the decision and took a choice. And yes, they conquered the edge. Congratulations guys!

See? I told you it's possible.

1 comment:

exskindiver said...

blue eagles spelling!!!!!!