I found myself stuck yesterday.
I was supposed to go to my friend's debut when the rain suddenly poured super duper hard. So I allowed it to lighten a bit before leaving. Who wants to arrive at a debut drenched, right? Waiting took roughly an hour. It was still raining when we, my parents and I, actually left the house. It was around 9 pm then. The debut was at 8pm at La Vista. So into the car we went, out through the driveway, and onto the street. Ooops...just two blocks down, a traffic jam greeted us. Yipee. Looks like Xavierville ave. was a no go since it was flooded (the traffic jam stood as proof).
Shift to Plan B. We turned towards the direction of Anonas. The alternate route would be Anonas, Aurora, u-turn C5, then Katipunan. This new route seemed okay. Moderate traffic, no floodings...hah. That's what I thought up until we turned into C5. We did not even get to the u-turn. The opposite lane, the one leading to Katipunan, was jammed with cars. It was not moving. My parents definitely had no intention of sitting that out. They absolutely abhor traffic.
Plan C was the Sikatuna Village, U.P. way but we did not even get there. In the process of heading back home a.k.a. Kamias (you had to pass through there anyway to get to the U.P. route), we already encountered a number of traffic jams and dead ends due to floods. 10 pm and we were still far from where I had to be. My parents were getting tired so I had no choice but agree to go home. There was no point in pushing through...it was still raining.
I hated it. I did not like the feeling of being unable to push through, to succeed, and to get to where I wanted to be. To think, I live relatively near La Vista. But what can I do? Circumstance prevented me from doing what I had to do. Mother nature...who has control over her, right?
There are just some things in life that we can't control. Other people's opinions and decisions, the weather, the earth, time, change... and it is through these uncontrollable events that we sometimes find our goals and dreams hindered. Most of the time, we find ourselves stuck in a rut. Unable to progress and (sometimes) unable to go back. All we can do is adjust, work around the obstacle, and hope for a better day.
The rain stops, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment