Wednesday, May 24 2006
3:28 pm
It rained today...earlier in the afternoon, a couple of minutes before one. It called to me...the rain...it called. I know it sounds weird, but it did.
I answered its call.
At first I watched it fall from the skies through my bedroom window...through the panes of glass, past the plants of green...but I couldn't feel its wind. I was not close enough to the rain. I moved.
I sat outside on the pebble-washed porch and watched the big drops of water fall to the Earth.
I could not stop myself. A longing was there, a void demanding to be filled, a feeling twisting to be free. Before I knew it, I was under it...under the magnificent rain.
I stood at the center of our cemented driveway and willingly lifted my arms to the heavens…I gained full access to heaven’s tears.
I loved it. I just really did.
I felt it beat down on my body…and cherished every drum. I felt it slide down my face, my arms, my chest…I savored each drop. I allowed it to drench me from head to toe…from body to soul.
Goosebumps covered my bare naked flesh. I did not care. I lifted my arms and palms to the sky, tilted my face to the heavens, and embraced its tremendous glory.
I smiled. I was free.
The marvelous rain cleansed me of all my worries…
And rejuvenated me to face the oncoming rest of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment