I... kind of... don't know what to do anymore. I'm trying my best to stay focused here, taking things one step at a time. But looking at my planner for next week... I think I'm going to die. Three major tests, one lab report, and a quiz to boot. One for each day. Add to that varsity training and other non-academic things I have to attend to. So much for having a birthday. It falls right into the most hellish of weeks.Despite having all these things to worry about though, I spent last night tutoring my brother in Geometry. Geometry was my most favorite math in high school, but it pretty much fried my brain a bit too - trying to remember all that geom jargon. Theorems, postulates, alternate interior angles, corresponding angles, congruency, supplementary angles... Given two lines cut by a transversal, if a pair of corresponding angles are congruent, then the lines are parallel. This just makes me miss my high school stress free days. It really seemed so much easier back then.
I wish my brother does well in his quiz today. All he really has to do is open his heart and listen to the geom. I know he's trying... but I'm afraid he has closed his ears to it simply because it's math, and he doesn't have beautiful experiences with math. I don't either. I don't like math, even. But geometry is different. There's something about it that doesn't baffle me so much, unlike the other maths. I hope he sees this too. I hope he gives it a chance.Oh dear God, please give my brother the will and desire to get high grades this year! And me, the patience I need to teach him!
1 comment:
I love you Nix. Give Hal some time. I know you won't give up on him. I see myself in Hali in a way. You probably know why. AND I'm sure you know HOW MUCH I HATE MATH. I DESPISE MATH. Hahahaha. (And SCIENCE.Hahaha)
I'll be praying for the both of you.
Take a break once in a while. We didn't get to have lunch this week :-( I miss you already! Let's do something on or for your birthday? Nothing over the top. Let's just spend time together. Love you Nix. Always here for you :-D
Post a Comment