Thursday, July 31, 2008

Holiday In My Heart

July 31 2008 is the feat of St. Ignatius. And since I have been an Atenean for almost three years now, I have been entitled to this mini holiday ever since then. I think sometimes my brothers can't get over the fact that I am now included in their school and therefore am also able to avail of this nice little no class today thing. They would tease me endlessly when I was in high school, being the only one who had to wake up early and go to school. So hooray! No class today!

But that's not the point.

Today is the birthday of someone very close to my heart.

Erica and I, we've been together from the moment we both took our first breaths of life on this Earth. Being only about eight days apart (my birthday, as you guys can decipher, was on the 22nd of July), we have had the habit of pretty much celebrating our birthdays together. If not on some agreed day, we have each other over at our own little celebrations. This year though, is completely different. Well, simply because, Erica is now across the globe. At this moment, she's probably enjoying the sun's rays at Key West. It has been a great birthday celebration for me. As my previous entries can obviously tell you, it has been one surprise after the other. But even so, it was never really complete without the presence of my most dearly beloved beautiful cousin Erica. You know, she's such a wonderful person that she's the kind of best friend everyone would want. I'm serious. She's just that amazing. And I thank God everyday for gifting me with someone like her. I am sooo blessed to have her as my best cousin and best friend. I don't know what I'd do without her.

So here I am, missing Erica on her birthday.
In a few minutes, it'll be the 31st over there where she's currently standing on the globe. And as much as my heart yearns to be with her wherever she is right now just so that I can give her one tight hug for her birthday and share and bask in her laughter and happiness, I can only wish her the greatest birthday right now. I hope and wish and pray that she has an amazing one.

I love you Trix. My heart is on holiday with you, even though we're oceans apart. :)
Happy 20th Birthday!

1 comment:

K-Kix said...

cute shot of you two!

Happy Birthday Erica!