Saturday, November 8, 2008
Show Me Some Legs
Finally, after putting behind me some requirements I had to accomplish, I can blog about this.
Last October 31 2008, I biked to Infanta Quezon with my mom, dad, and uncle Ricky. It was my first ever long distance ride and I am so happy that I was able to accomplish it! Biking for some 140-150km while going up and down three mountains, it was definitely tiring - no doubt about that - but it was also something else when I got to see the countryside and scenery while just pedaling on two wheels. My lungs get rejuvenated and I forget the torture my legs are receiving. A bike ride really gives off a different feel than when you're just looking outside a car window.
The ride (water breaks and lunch breaks included) took us about 11 hours - 6am to 5pm but pedaling wise was only about 6 hours. Taking in the fresh mountain air was amazing. We stayed a few days in Infanta. Paid our respects to our beloved dead and visited the living beloved as well. Of course, the beach was not forgotten. I was not going to allow a departure without a proper beach going! Actually, I didn't want to go home so soon. Life back there is just amazing. So laid back and refreshing and calming. Life goes on at a different pace - a nice beautiful pace at that. When I retire, I wouldn't mind retiring to a beach-side home there. I will definitely want a beach house. yupyup. (For photos of our stay, click here) Unfortunately, we biked back home on a Monday, November 3, 2008.
I never really imagined that I'd get there on only my bike. Up until now, I'm still in awe. I wish all of you could've seen what I saw. This event is definitely a repeat. I can't wait for next time!
served under
a softer world,
earth saver,
happy hallucinations,
photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
let's do this again!
let's let's let's.
I had FUN!
so much!
nice, no?
esp bec I was with you and dad. :)
love you.
Post a Comment