Friday, September 5, 2008

Hot Off the Press

Just found out that Theo class is a free cut today, in place of the activity we'll be having on Sunday. YAY! Does this mean that we will have no quiz as well? That Law on Marriage article was hella long. Harharhar

Things are getting better. As I'd like to think. I'm still a bit sick, but not as sad as before. It's a constant struggle each day to get out of bed with a smile. During breakfast, I always have to prep myself up for the day.

Aneka's Thoughts During Breakfast:
  1. You can do it!
  2. Be happy!
  3. It's a new day ahead.
  4. Look on the brighter more beautiful side of things.
  5. Think happy thoughts!
It's a long process actually, my prepping up for the day. Breakfast is not long enough for it. And it usually happens in sporadic periods. It's not one continuous thing.

Aneka's Thoughts While Biking to School:
  1. Be careful.
  2. See how beautiful today is?
  3. The sun on my face feels so good...
  4. I'm late I'm late I'm late!
  5. Hello kid eating ice cream by the street (or other cute scenarios of little kids)
If breakfast is me talking to myself, biking to school is me beginning to try and do what my breakfast self was telling me to do. I always try to see the beauty in every little thing. Even the most everyday trivial thing, like the lady riding at the back of a tricycle with a spaced out expression on her face, or the little girl sitting at their gate while playing with her doll. Beauty I see in the lady's deep thinking eyes, as for the child, it's her capacity to independently marvel at the world that's opening before her eyes whilst she sits at their gate. It's not easy though, this beauty-seeing-thing, because there a lot of things we take for granted. But doing so helps to make each day a little lighter -- a little better.

It's a challenge really, to see even the slightest and littlest of things as a highlight of your day. Especially if we're not feeling so well, or if we're in a bad mood, or we're bothered with something. Sometimes we get home and think nothing really significant happened today, it went by in a blur. In reality though, a lot of significant things occurred, you were just too busy and engulfed in your routine of stress and work to even notice. This is what I want to avoid. This is what I think we should avoid.

You try it. Try to see at least 3 beautiful things in your day to day, and write about them at the end of each day. List them down if you don't have the time. Or do a little something photography. Let me know if it makes you feel better.

2 comments:

K-Kix said...

I am always thankful for:
You, Mihali and Juancho - that you are such great kids!

For the love and affection that abounds between me and Dad which I believe we pass on to you kids

For the provision of our basic needs - a roof over our heads, food, clothes on our back, good health

Anonymous said...

Hi Niks,
I like the way you take time to reflect on your day, to feel your emotions and to chronicle all of these perceptions and feelings in your blog. It is a gift and one that is going to make you a sensitive and empathetic young adult.
Keep it up... remember, i love you!

Your ninang Chari