Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Shower This Morning Was Unnecessary

It was practically raining the whole of today. Just steady rain - a bit on the moderate side of strength - not too strong... yet it was not exactly just a drizzle. One thing for sure, it wasn't hard enough for classes to get canceled but it was hard enough to drench my shorts. I really don't like going to school in this type of weather. I'd rather stay at home. But I guess this sort-of-hatred just stems from the fact that I bike to school. I'd really like to get to school dry - that just never seems to happen on a rainy day. I don't know how dad does it. Otherwise, if I did not have to bike to school, I'd be perfectly fine with the rain. Dress warm in a jacket, savor the sound of rain outside the classroom, feel the cool wind, and listen to the lectures. Not bad. Not bad at all. It just really sucks if the bottom of your shorts is wet, your legs are wet, the street grime is stuck on them, and you're sweating from the bike ride. Sitting sticky in damp-wet clothes while listening to a lecture is... UNCOMFORTABLE.

But rain is good. The rain is good. It cleans the streets (somewhat), quenches the thirst of plants and other living organisms, refills the water masses... it creates the perfect atmosphere for snuggling and cuddling... hahaha. It serves its purpose. Even though it means getting drenched on the way to school, even if it means causing a mini flood in the house, even if it doesn't cancel classes sometimes, the rain is still good. Hahaha. Where am I going with this?

Anyways, my shoulders are aching. They're tense. And so is my neck. Because of stress? Because the UAAP is coming up and I'm feeling the pressure? Because a lot of requirements are due this month and almost all at the same time? Maybe. maybe. hmmm...

Highlights of today include the following:
  • I saw dad sitting at bellarmine before my Philo class.
  • I had a guidance session instead of Philo.
  • I remembered what concupiscence is in Theo class.
  • I got some hugs and kisses from Juancho.
  • I won some games during training.
  • I biked home with Hali.
  • I am currently chatting with Erica.

Okay. I stink. This time a shower is definitely necessary.

1 comment:

K-Kix said...

I can't believe you did not include an iota of me in your day's highlights?!!

Preposterous and unbelievable!
:(